Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

A STEP BACK IN TIME


Hello my friends.  I thought that I would take a few steps back to our very first meeting.  If you remember the first picture you saw of me was with a beautiful Brown trout. What a fish!  What a memory!  What a catch!   OK.  Let's move on.

I had a lot of people ask me about the fate of the fish.  Well my friends, if you knew the secret spot that I caught the fish you too could experience the thrill of landing the beauty.  After the quick photo session, it was released to go back and put on a few pounds and a couple of inches.  It swam away in great condition ready to give the next angler ( or me again ) the opportunity for another great photo session. 

Just to update you once again, the fish was caught on a Rapala No.7 Gold original.  Go to http://www.rapala.com/ to view this lure. 

I then decided that I would love to have this fish hanging on my wall.  The fish was 23 3/4 inches and weighed 6 lbs.  So my search began for a company that would mount it the way I wanted.  I would have to have the replica made from the few good pictures that I had taken at riverside.  After a tedious search on line, I decided to send the pictures to Bass Pro's Wildlife Creations. I talked to them on the phone and gave details of the fish.  After getting their input, I made my decision and below is the result.



The fish looks awesome and is a great addition to the wall.  They even did a great job with the mouth and teeth.  The material used feels like the actual fish.  I was very pleased with the outcome. And all this from a few pictures.  Give them a try if you are looking to have a replica made from your prize catch.  www.basspro/wildlifecreations .

Well, there it is to all who were curious.  I hope you enjoy the picture and story as much as I am enjoying the mount.

Thanks to my wife Carol for her fine photographic work.

Try it!  You' ll like it.

'Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment